-->Alright, I downloaded the Mass Effect 3 demo for Xbox 360 tonight. Here are my first impressions.
- The graphics are awesome. (Better than Mass Effect 2 and I thought those were great. Mass Effect 3’s graphics are better.)
- It was hard to aim. The aiming recital is light blue and then turns red when pointed at a target and doesn’t
show up well against targets.
- The “action” seem slow in the sense that the running, turning, scrolling left/right/up/down seemed to take longer. (I did feel this seemed to become more normal as I played longer.)
- There is some type of weird auto-targeting. If you are shooting at an enemy and take cover when you pop back up you will auto-target a different enemy rather than the one you were shooting at. I don't like this.
|Ashley, Shepard and Anderson|
- I had the following biotic powers and ammo:
- Charge – seemed the same as Mass Effect 2
- Had a new power Nova that is a high powered shock wave that gets its power from your shields. So it drains your shields when you use it. I used it several times and didn’t notice any affect. (Perhaps I didn’t see shields, armor or health go down. But certainly enemies didn’t get knocked over like with Shockwave.)
- Assault Mastery
- Cyro Ammo
- Incendiary Ammo
- Squad mates had Warp Ammo and Armor Piercing Ammo
- All ammo seemed the same as Mass Effect 2
- I’ll update weapons after I render the video. But I had a pistol, assault rifle, submachine gun, shot gun and some heavy weapon.
- The squad point system for biotics is more like Mass Effect but they now have a WOW like tree for some powers. But is more an either this or that affect for your powers.
|Vanguard Point Allocation|
|Assault Mastery Point Allocation|
|New Alliance Normandy|
- Characters encountered:
- A female Krogan. (Never before seen in the game.)
- Admiral Anderson
- No Miranda, Kasumi, Grunt, Legion, Zaeed, Jack, Thane, Jacob, Samara/Morinth in the demo. Not happy about how it appears that EA/BioWare has not given Mass Effect 2 characters an import role. None have been mentioned as squad members as of yet. Hope I am wrong about this.
Tomorrow I'll try to get some more Mass Effect 3 video up. It's rendering right now but it's a big file and I can't stay up waiting for it to finish.